Nearly all industrial processes require objects to be moved, manipulated or subjected to some sort of force. Such movements and manipulations are frequently accomplished by means of devices driven by liquids (hydraulics) or air (pneumatics), the subject of this book.
Hydraulics and Pneumatics is written by a practicing process control engineer as a guide to the successful operation of hydraulic and pneumatic systems for all engineers and technicians working with them. Keeping mathematics and theory to a minimum, this practical guide is thorough but accessible to technicians without an advanced engineering background, and offers clear, complete coverage of the latest pumps, valves and other hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
Designed to serve as an introduction to those who are training and a day-to-day reference for use on the job, the book also offers an essential section on industrial safety and compliance with regulation.
- Covers both hydraulic and pneumatic machinery, with a practical, practitioner-led approach that does not demand great theoretical and mathematical understanding.
- Thorough and updated coverage of safety standards, helping control engineers and shop floor managers to ensure their operations are in compliance with regulations.
- More abundant referencing, new and updated web-links, look-up tables and graphical keys offer even easier referencing while providing quick access to other related materials.
Table of contents
- Cover image
- Table of Contents
- Front Matter
- Chapter | one. Fundamental Principles
- Chapter | two. Hydraulic Pumps and Pressure Regulation
- Chapter | three. Air Compressors, Air Treatment and Pressure Regulation
- Chapter | four. Control Valves
- Chapter | five. Actuators
- Chapter | six. Hydraulic and Pneumatic Accessories
- Chapter | seven. Process Control Pneumatics
- Chapter | eight. Sequencing Applications
- Chapter | nine. Safety, Fault-Finding and Maintenance
- Title: Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Release date: January 2011
- Publisher(s): Elsevier Science
- ISBN: 9780080966755
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Fundamentals of Software Architecture
Salary surveys worldwide regularly place software architect in the top 10 best jobs, yet no real …