Nearly all industrial processes require objects to be moved, manipulated or subjected to some sort of force. Such movements and manipulations are frequently accomplished by means of devices driven by liquids (hydraulics) or air (pneumatics), the subject of this book.
Hydraulics and Pneumatics is written by a practicing process control engineer as a guide to the successful operation of hydraulic and pneumatic systems for all engineers and technicians working with them. Keeping mathematics and theory to a minimum, this practical guide is thorough but accessible to technicians without an advanced engineering background, and offers clear, complete coverage of the latest pumps, valves and other hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
Designed to serve as an introduction to those who are training and a day-to-day reference for use on the job, the book also offers an essential section on industrial safety and compliance with regulation.
- Covers both hydraulic and pneumatic machinery, with a practical, practitioner-led approach that does not demand great theoretical and mathematical understanding.
- Thorough and updated coverage of safety standards, helping control engineers and shop floor managers to ensure their operations are in compliance with regulations.
- More abundant referencing, new and updated web-links, look-up tables and graphical keys offer even easier referencing while providing quick access to other related materials.
Table of contents
- Cover image
- Table of Contents
- Front Matter
- Chapter | one. Fundamental Principles
- Chapter | two. Hydraulic Pumps and Pressure Regulation
- Chapter | three. Air Compressors, Air Treatment and Pressure Regulation
- Chapter | four. Control Valves
- Chapter | five. Actuators
- Chapter | six. Hydraulic and Pneumatic Accessories
- Chapter | seven. Process Control Pneumatics
- Chapter | eight. Sequencing Applications
- Chapter | nine. Safety, Fault-Finding and Maintenance
- Title: Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Release date: January 2011
- Publisher(s): Elsevier Science
- ISBN: 9780080966755
You might also like
Full Stack Web Development Mastery Course - Novice to Expert
Full stack development refers to the development of both frontend (client-side) and backend (server-side) portions of …
Radar Trends to Watch: August 2023
Read about the latest developments on O'Reilly Media's Radar.
The Hardware Hacking Handbook
Embedded devices are chip-size microcomputers small enough to be included in the structure of the object …
Electrical Engineer's Reference Book, 15th Edition
A long established reference book: radical revision for the fifteenth edition includes complete rearrangement to take …