Chapter 8. Remote Messaging, Support, and Web topology with IBM Business Monitor 325
3. You will see a page similar to that shown in Figure 8-29, showing the various
deployment environments, clusters, and node agents that you have, and that
they are running. You can also choose to explore the other tabs and check
other components in your environment.
Figure 8-29 Business Space System Health widget
8.5.9 Verification: Business Process Choreographer
There are multiple actions that can be performed for verification:
Verify that you are able to access the web application.
Execute a sample task.
Install and run the classic BPC IVT application.
326 IBM Business Process Manager V7.5 Production Topologies
Verifying that you are able to access the web application
This is a simple check to verify that the Business Process Choreographer
Explorer application can be accessed via HTTP:
1. Access the web application:
Note that the Business Process Choreographer Explorer is running on the
WebApp cluster, so use the appropriate <host_name>:<port>. The port
can be 9083.
2. Log in as a valid user: bpmadmin
3. Ensure that the web application renders without errors.
Chapter 8. Remote Messaging, Support, and Web topology with IBM Business Monitor 327
Executing a sample task
To do this:
1. Open the Business Process Choreographer (BPC) Explorer. You might need
to log in. Use the username and password that you configured for this.
2. Navigate to Task Templates My Task Templates. You will see
preconfigured sample human tasks. Click the Widget Message box, and then
click Create Instance (Figure 8-30).
Figure 8-30 BPC Explorer: Creating a widget message, step 1
328 IBM Business Process Manager V7.5 Production Topologies
3. Enter values for the Subject and Message fields of the human task
(Figure 8-31), then click Submit.
Figure 8-31 BPC Explorer: Creating a widget message, step 2
4. Navigate to Task Instances Initiated By Me. You should see the one
instance of the task that you just created. Click the task name itself,
Chapter 8. Remote Messaging, Support, and Web topology with IBM Business Monitor 329
5. Select the Custom Properties tab and click the empty space next to the
htm_assigned_to field (this is an editable property, although it does not
appear so at first). Enter a valid user to own the task (Figure 8-32). Click
Save Start Submit. The task now has an owner.
Figure 8-32 BPC Explorer: Creating a widget message, step 3