Object Storage is the primary storage solution that is used in the cloud and on-premises solutions as a central storage platform for unstructured data. Object Storage is growing more popular for the following reasons:
- It is designed for exabyte scale.
- It is easy to manage and yet meets the growing demands of enterprises for a broad set of applications and workloads.
- It allows users to balance storage cost, location, and compliance control requirements across data sets and essential applications.
IBM Cloud™ Object Storage (IBM COS) system provides industry-leading flexibility that enables your organization to handle unpredictable but always changing needs of business and evolving workloads. IBM COS system is a software-defined storage solution that is hardware aware. This allows IBM COS to be an enterprise grade storage solution that is highly available and reliable utilizing commodity x86 servers. IBM COS takes full advantage of this hardware awareness by ensuring that the server performs optimally from a monitoring, management, and performance perspective.
The target audience for this paper is IBM COS architects, IT specialists, and technologists.`
Table of contents
- Front cover
- Differences between block, file, and Object Storage
- Use cases for Object Storage
- Flexible deployment options of IBM Cloud Object Storage
- IBM Cloud Object Storage architecture
- IBM Cloud Object Storage read and write operations
- Features and functionality
- Now you can become a published author, too!
- Stay connected to IBM Redbooks
- Back cover
- Title: IBM Cloud Object Storage Concepts and Architecture: System Edition
- Release date: May 2019
- Publisher(s): IBM Redbooks
- ISBN: 9780738457789
You might also like
Architecting Data-Intensive Applications
Architect and design data-intensive applications and, in the process, learn how to collect, process, store, govern, …
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Official Study Guide
Validate your AWS skills. This is your opportunity to take the next step in your career …
Ceph: Designing and Implementing Scalable Storage Systems
Get to grips with the unified, highly scalable distributed storage system and learn how to design …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …