The mechanics of manually creating a cube is simple; from the TM1 Server Explorer you can just click on Cubes | Create New Cube and then fill in or select the required information.
Designing a cube structure is a different exercise and it is not a direct part of the material covered in the current IBM Cognos TM1 Developer (Test COG-310) certification exam, so here are just some very basic guidelines to use in your cube structure design:
- What are the measures you want to track?
- What is the base time interval: days, weeks, months?
- Is there a geographic dimension?
- Will your measures vary by customer and product?
- Is there a scenario or version dimension?
- How do the dimension elements need to be consolidated?
- What data needs to be associated with the ...