Chapter 3. TN Redirector 39
18.104.22.168 TN host connection parameters
TCP/IP address of host Enter the TCP/IP address of the host in the
standard TCP/IP dotted decimal address format.
TCP/IP name or alias If you know the TCP/IP name of the host, you can
select this option and enter the name.
TCP/IP port number The TCP/IP port number that the TN Redirector uses
to access the host. Port 23 is used by most CS for OS/390, AS/400,
and VT hosts for Telnet connections.
SSL secure session Select this option to indicate that the TN Redirector
uses SSL to access the host. This option is available only if the host
Security level This option allows you to specify the security level that the
host must use in order to establish a connection to the TN Redirector.
Possible values are:
• Authenticate only (only server authentication),
• 40 bit minimum - at least 40 bits
• 56 bit minimum - at least 56 bits
• 128 bit minimum - at least 128 bits
• 168 bit minimum - at least 168 bits
• Authenticate minimum - any of the above
The session will use the highest security level that both host and TN
Redirector can support. If the host cannot support the requested level
of security or higher the session will not be started.
Note:Using encryption requires additional software to be installed
with CS/AIX. See
IBM Communications Server for AIX, Version 6,
GC31-8583 for more information. Depending on
your location, you may not be able to use all the encryption levels
listed because the software required to support them is not available
in your country.
For this section we will use the following equipment:
• An RS/6000 running AIX Version 4.3.3 with the latest maintenance level,
and IBM Communications Server for AIX, Version 6
• A PC running Windows NT and IBM Personal Communications for
Windows NT, Version 4.3 (PCOMM)
• A host running CS for OS/390