270 IBM DB2 Document Manager with IBM Records Manager Solution Guide
3. Complete the View Templates page. Select Default view from the left list
and click Add.
4. Complete the Search Templates page. Select Default from the left list and
5. Complete the User Desktop Options page. Select the fourth check box.
6. Complete the Messaging page. Uncheck the Display desktop messaging
7. Click OK to save the template.
8. Expand Viewers Template. Select groups. Click the Add icon in the Designer
title bar and select the following groups:
Test your system: Document Manager menus and templates
Now you can log on to Document Manager Desktop and test the following
Log on with ursViewer and navigate the desktop. Check menus and toolbars.
Log on with ursManager and navigate the desktop to find out the differences
between the usrViewer desktop and the usrManager desktop.
8.2.6 Proposal objects
ZXY Technologies has three departments that use proposals and need a
different life cycle for each one. For this reason, we create three classes:
All three classes have almost the same configuration. The main difference is the
groups that use each one.
Here we describe only the Sales Proposals object. The views, search, and item
numbering creations are common to all proposals. You have to repeat the
procedure for the rest of the objects.
The following steps comprise the tasks required to complete this exercise:
1. “Create actions and dialogs” on page 271
Note: If you cannot see the changes in your system, check if the DM Cache
server is up and running. You can try stopping the DM Cache, restarting the
DM Cache, and logging in again in the Document Manager Desktop.