Chapter 14. RS/6000 SP reconfiguration and update 477
c. Change the values as required in the SDR and DNS/hosts environment.
d. Customize the nodes.
2. Your site planning representative has asked if the upgraded frame has any
additional or modified environmental requirements. Therefore:
a. The upgraded frame requires increased power.
b. The upgraded frame has a decreased footprint.
c. The upgraded frame is taller.
d. The upgraded frame requires water cooling.
3. If you set up a boot/install server, and it is acting as a gateway to the control
workstation, ipforwarding must be enabled. Which of the following
commands will you issue to turn it on?
a. /usr/sbin/no -ip ipforwarding=2
b. /usr/sbin/no -l ipforwarding=1
c. /usr/sbin/no -o ipforwarding=2
d. /usr/sbin/no -o ipforwarding=1
4. Which of the following statements is
not an assumption when replacing a
node to PCI-based 332 MHz SMP node?
a. Install AIX Version 4.3.2 and PSSP Version 3.1.
b. HACWS is not implemented.
c. The node we are migrating is not a boot/install server.
d. There are two partitions in the SP system.
5. In order to update the microcode on the frame supervisor of frame 2, which of
the following commands will you use?
a. spsvrmgr -G -u 2:1
b. spsvrmgr -G -u 2:0
c. spsvrmgr -R -u 2:0
d. spsvrmgr -R -u 2:1
Here are some exercises you may wish to do:
1. Familiarize yourself with the steps required to add a frame.
2. Describe the steps to add an existing S70 to your SP environment.