This IBM® Redpaper™ publication is a comprehensive guide that covers the IBM Power System AC922 server (8335-GTH and 8335-GTX models). The Power AC922 server is the next generation of the IBM POWER® processor-based systems, which are designed for deep learning (DL) and artificial intelligence (AI), high-performance analytics, and high-performance computing (HPC).
This paper introduces the major innovative Power AC922 server features and their relevant functions:
- Powerful IBM POWER9™ processors that offer up to 22 cores at up to 2.80 GHz (3.10 GHz turbo) performance with up to 2 TB of memory.
- IBM Coherent Accelerator Processor Interface (CAPI) 2.0, IBM OpenCAPI™, and second-generation NVIDIA NVLink 2.0 technology for exceptional processor to accelerator intercommunication.
- Up to six dedicated NVIDIA Tesla V100 graphics processing units (GPUs).
This publication is for professionals who want to acquire a better understanding of IBM Power Systems™ products and is intended for the following audiences:
- Sales and marketing professionals
- Technical support professionals
- IBM Business Partners
- Independent software vendors (ISVs)
This paper expands the set of IBM Power Systems documentation by providing a desktop reference that offers a detailed technical description of the Power AC922 server.
This paper does not replace the current marketing materials and configuration tools. It is intended as an extra source of information that, together with existing sources, can be used to enhance your knowledge of IBM server solutions.
Table of contents
- Front cover
- Chapter 1. Product summary
Chapter 2. System architecture
- 2.1 Power AC922 server architecture
- 2.2 Processor subsystem
- 2.3 Memory subsystem
- 2.4 I/O subsystem
- 2.5 PCI adapters
- 2.6 System ports
- 2.7 Internal disks
- 2.8 External I/O subsystems
- 2.9 Location codes
- 2.10 IBM System Storage
- 2.11 Operating system support
- 2.12 Java
- 2.13 Reliability, availability, and serviceability
- Chapter 3. Physical infrastructure
- Appendix A. IBM PowerAI
- Related publications
- Back cover
- Title: IBM Power System AC922 Technical Overview and Introduction
- Release date: December 2019
- Publisher(s): IBM Redbooks
- ISBN: 9780738457024
You might also like
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Learning SQL, 3rd Edition
As data floods into your company, you need to put it to work right away—and SQL …
Storytelling with Data: A Data Visualization Guide for Business Professionals
Don't simply show your data—tell a story with it! Storytelling with Data teaches you the fundamentals …