152 IBM WebSphere Everyplace Access V5, Volume II: Application Development
Figure 5-20 Specify the prefix
5.3 Use the Portal Test Environment to test the portlet
In this section you will go through the steps to run the database access portlet in
the portal test environment which is already embedded in the WebSphere studio
Execute the following steps:
1. Switch to the Server Perspective.
2. Define a test portal server. We will name the server as “portal5”.
Chapter 5. Developing a database access portlet 153
Figure 5-21 Create a new server instance
3. If needed, add your project to the server you just created.
154 IBM WebSphere Everyplace Access V5, Volume II: Application Development
Figure 5-22 Adding the project to the server
4. Start your server and wait a few minutes to see the WebSphere Portal is open
message in the console.
Figure 5-23 WebSphere Portal open for e-business message
5. Run the portlet. Right-click the PortletsProject Web project, choose Run On
Server, and choose portal5 server in the pop-up window.
Chapter 5. Developing a database access portlet 155
Figure 5-24 Selecting the server
6. In the browser you should get the information shown in Figure 5-25.
156 IBM WebSphere Everyplace Access V5, Volume II: Application Development
Figure 5-25 Sample portlet
7. Click the “Submit” at left bottom; you will see this “Master Information” if
everything is fine.
Figure 5-26 Master information
8. Click each record in “UserID” and you will get detailed information:
Get IBM WebSphere Everyplace Access V5 Handbook for Developers and Administrators Volume II: Application Development now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.