Your move onto mobile devices is simplified when you use IBM Worklight and this user-friendly tutorial. After a guided tour through the components you'll learn how to utilize them to optimize your mobile applications.
IBM Worklight helps you extend your business to mobile devices. It is designed to provide an open, comprehensive platform to build, run, and manage HTML5, hybrid, and native mobile apps. IBM Worklight can help you reduce both app development and maintenance costs, improve time-to-market, and enhance mobile app governance and security. The best part of IBM Worklight is that it contains numerous built-in modules used for Mobile Development to extend the functionalities to facilitate users.
This book will help you understand the development of Enterprise Mobile applications by introducing you to IBM Worklight and helping you create your own mobile applications. By the time you are half-way down through the book, you will gain a clear understanding of mobile application Development development with a high level architecture. By the end of the book, you will have knowledge of the best practices for Mobile Application Development using IBM Worklight and this will help you to build an IBM Worklight mobile app from scratch.
The book covers the most efficient practices of utilization and will assist you in developing Mobile applications in a very short time. You will then learn about advanced level development, for example, WorkLight security mechanisms, customizations, and data handling. In conclusion, you will be guided through the advanced features of IBM Worklight, which will help you modernize your mobile application to its best potential.
What You Will Learn
- Explore the different components of IBM WorkLight
- Install and set up the Worklight development environment to manage the application life cycle
- Use adapters to integrate client applications with back-end data services.
- Add the Android environment to a Worklight application
- Develop your own authentication to obtain efficient security in your developed application.
- Enhance your mobile app development skills with Worklight's best practices
Table of Contents
IBM Worklight Mobile Application Development Essentials
- Table of Contents
- IBM Worklight Mobile Application Development Essentials
- About the Authors
- About the Reviewers
1. Getting Started with IBM Worklight
- The IBM Worklight solution
- Worklight capabilities and supported platforms
- Components of Worklight
2. Installing Worklight
- Installing IBM Worklight Consumer Edition
- Installing Android SDK
- 3. Creating a Basic Worklight Application
4. Customizing the Worklight Application
- A quick overview of HTML5
- The IBM Worklight client-side API
- Exploring Dojo Mobile
- Designing your first Dojo application
- Adding an environment in IBM Worklight
- Exploring the Android application environment
- 5. Adding an Adapter
6. Authentication and Security
- Worklight security principles, concepts, and terminologies
- Examining generated realms, security test, and login modules
- Creating adapter-based authentication
- Form-based authentication
- Custom authentication
- 7. Advanced Features of IBM Worklight
- Title: IBM Worklight Mobile Application Development Essentials
- Release date: February 2014
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781782177609