Appendix A. Abbreviated Workplace Collaboration Services Deployment (Windows) 619
A.1.3 Verifying the Workplace Collaboration Services installation
After the installation is complete, verify that the base “archive” image is
To test your Workplace Collaboration Services installation, perform the following
1. Start Workplace Collaboration Services by entering the command:
2. Start the default WebSphere Application Server instance (server1) by issuing
\IBM\Workplace\AppServer\bin> startserver server1
3. Verify that the WebSphere Application Server (server1) is functioning:
a. Enter the URL:
b. Log in using the Workplace Collaboration Services administrator name
and password provided during install, for example, wcsadmin.
c. After you have successfully logged in, click Logout.
4. Verify that Workplace Collaboration Services and WebSphere Portal are
functioning by logging in to the Workplace Collaboration Services
a. In your Web browser, enter the URL:
b. Click the Log in link.
c. Enter the Workplace Collaboration Services administrator name and
password and click Login.
d. Click the Administration link.
e. Verify that you can view the WebSphere Portal administrative functions.
f. Click Logout and close the browser.
5. Stop the Workplace Collaboration Services server and the WebSphere Portal
server by issuing the commands: