280 IBM Workplace Services Express
Figure 6-75 A sample Customer database in the Domino Application portlet
6.5.2 Configuring the Domino Databases (Notes View) portlet
The Domino Databases portlet enables you to work with the documents from any
view of any Domino database.
To configure the Domino Databases (Notes View) portlet, complete the following
1. Start a browser and connect to Workplace Services Express, as in the
following example URL:
2. Log in to Workplace Services Express using the administrator ID, such as
3. Identify the page on which you want to deploy the Notes View portlet;
otherwise, create a new page with Workplace Services Express.
4. Click the palette slide-out page.
Chapter 6. Advanced configuration topics 281
5. Click the Portlet category.
6. Click the Add link.
7. In the Search dialog box, enter Notes.
8. Select the Lotus Notes View portlet and add to the palette.
9. Now, right-click the Lotus Notes View Portlet icon, and while holding it, drag
the portlet onto the page where you want to deploy the portlet.
In our test environment, we used the “People” view of the Domino Directory. To
configure the Domino Databases portlet, complete the following steps:
1. Select the Edit portlet properties icon in the upper-right corner of the portlet.
2. In the Available Views section, click Add.
3. Enter the following values (see Figure 6-76 on page 282):
– For the View Title field, enter the name of the view you want to access. In
our case, this is $People.
– For the Server field, specify the server name where the database is
located. Select the check box next to the Server section.
– For the Database filename field, select the file path and database name. In
our case, this is names.nsf.
– For the View field, select a name of the view that corresponds to the View
Title entered earlier.
Tip: When dragging a portlet onto a page or from a different location on a
page, remember that an orange bar will be displayed when you are over a
valid location to drop the portlet.
Chapter 6. Advanced configuration topics 283
5. Click Save. You should then see the view or views you specified in the portlet
window. For example, Figure 6-78 shows the Customer view of customer
database (customer.nsf) that we specified in our test environment.
Figure 6-78 The customer view of customer.nsf in the Domino Databases portlet
284 IBM Workplace Services Express