Mapping a person, place, or thing to a software resource in a verifiable manner is the basis of identity. Confirming that identity is a complex process, particularly when the identity mapping has to be verified genuine and authentic. Everything on the internet that houses private information is tied to identity and identity management.
In this report, author Lee Atchison shows C-suite execs, engineering execs, architects, and others involved in building software applications the modern identity management techniques available to safeguard that simple access point. You'll learn how and why these techniques constantly need to keep up with modern application development, and you'll understand the growing sophistication of the people who safely interact or maliciously tamper with them.
- Explore the complex process of mapping a person, place, or thing to a software resource in a verifiable manner
- Get examples of real-world authentication, including methods and best practices for working with application credentials
- Understand the differences between single-factor and multifactor authentication
- Learn why every authentication method has flaws, including today's state-of-the-art processes
- Explore authorization, the process for granting users access to specific resources, and how it differs from authentication
- Understand trust relationships using trust systems to create more secure applications and systems
Table of contents
Identity in Modern Applications
- What Is Application Identity?
- Challenges of Identity Management
- Trust Systems
- Future of Identity Management
- Title: Identity in Modern Applications
- Release date: July 2021
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781098107772
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …