IPv6 shares some of the same security concerns and considerations as IPv4. Some IPv6-specific vulnerabilities and threats make it unique as it relates to your considerations and strategy to protect IPv6 infrastructures and services. In this chapter, you learn how to do the following:
• Explain the need for IPv6 from the general perspective of the transition to IPv6 from IPv4
• List and describe the fundamental features of IPv6, as well as enhancements when compared to IPv4
• Analyze the IPv6 addressing scheme, components, and design principles and configure IPv6 addressing
• Describe the IPv6 routing function
• Evaluate how common and specific threats affect IPv6
• Develop and implement ...