Two of the Cisco Firewall solutions, Cisco IOS Zone-Based Policy Firewalls and Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance, can be configured to perform basic security operations on a network. At the end of this chapter, you will be able to do the following:
• Introduce and describe the function, operational framework, and building blocks of Cisco IOS Zone-Based Firewalls
• Describe the functions of zones and zone pairs, as well as their relationship in hierarchical policies
• Describe Cisco Common Classification Policy Language for creating zone-based firewall policies
• List the default policies for the different combinations of zone types
• Demonstrate the configuration ...