Chapter 8. Implementing Bandwidth Management
Upon completing this chapter, you will be able to implement techniques to reduce bandwidth requirements on IP WAN links in CUCM multisite deployments. You will be able to meet these objectives:
• Describe methods of minimizing bandwidth requirements for Cisco Unified Communications
• Configure CUCM to control the codec used for a call
• Implement local conference bridges to avoid accessing conference bridges over the IP WAN even if all participants are local
• Implement transcoders to allow low-bandwidth codecs to be used when low-bandwidth codecs are not supported by both endpoints
• Implement multicast MOH from branch router flash to avoid MOH streams over the IP WAN
When an IP WAN connects different ...