Upon completing this chapter, you will be able to meet the following objectives:
• Describe what SAF is, what CCD is, and how CCD uses SAF
• Describe the characteristics of SAF
• Describe the characteristics of CCD
• Describe how CCD works
• Describe how to implement SAF and CCD
• Describe the special considerations for using SAF and CCD
In large deployments with many call agents, dial plan implementation can be complex. New in CUCM version 8.0 and later, Cisco Service Advertisement Framework (SAF) and Call Control Discovery (CCD) can be configured to allow call agents to propagate call-routing information to the network and learn routes from the network. ...