It is important to set the expectations of testing before starting the UAT. The key messages that should be put across during the UAT kickoff are as follows:
- Finding bugs is the goal of performing UAT. If you find them in UAT, it's a great thing. Don't get frustrated because you've found issues, get stuck in testing.
- Focus on first verifying all the critical business scenarios before getting into exceptional scenarios that won't happen frequently. Follow the 80/20 rule to define focus. This is also a good time to remind everybody about the goals for the project.
- Review the reports from the previous testing and communicate any open areas:
- Communicate the schedule for testing and retesting.
- Cover the tools/processes to be used ...