Chapter 12. Extending Splunk
While the core of Splunk is closed, there are a number of places where you can use scripts or external code to extend the default behaviors. In this chapter, we will write a number of examples, covering most of the places where external code can be added. Most code samples are written in Python, so if you are not familiar with Python, a reference may be useful.
We will cover:
- Writing scripts to create events
- Using Splunk from the command line
- Calling Splunk via REST
- Writing custom search commands
- Writing event type renderers
- Writing custom search action scripts
The examples used in this chapter are included in the app
ImplementingSplunkExtendingExamples, which can be downloaded from the support page of the Packt Publishing ...