In this chapter you will learn:
- what ‘artificial’ memory is all about
- the traditional tactics used to improve recall
- your place in the history of memory training
- how to assess your abilities in the core learning skills
- ways to start setting up your brain for memory brilliance
We’ve known how to build brilliant memories for thousands of years. Whenever memory has been valued and celebrated, memory skills have been developed to make the most of its power. The Ancient Greek dramatist Aeschylus called memory ‘the mother of all wisdom’; in Rome, Cicero said that memory was ‘the treasury and guardian of all things’; and both of these men lived ...