Reduce Changeover Time
Machines or people responsible for multiple tasks must occasionally switch from performing one task to the next. The time required to do so is called changeover or setup time. Examples where changeover time is required in manufacturing include the following:
- Changing the design printed on aluminum cans in beverage can manufacturing
- Changing the type of part produced by a metal-stamping press
- Changing the part made in a plastic injection-molding machine
- Changing the product being put into containers in beverage, personal product, and household cleaner filling operations
- Changing the type of product being put into bags in pet food, snack food, and other food manufacturing processes or changing the size of the ...