This appendix contains four cases. With each of these, perform the same steps that would be performed if you were working on a Lean project in an organization:
- Determine the metrics that should be included in a project charter for improvement of the process described in each case.
- Draw a value stream map, and then calculate these quantities:
a. Lead time for each process step
b. Total process lead time
c. Total value-added time
d. Total non-value-added time
e. Value-added ratio (VAR)
- Find the waste in the process.
- Devise improvements to reduce the waste and improve the metrics determined in the first step.
- Draw the value stream map of the process as if the improvements in the previous step had been made.
- Create a list, ...