1. For further information, see the Office of Management and Budget’s website on this subject: http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/mgmt-gpra_gplaw2m/, accessed July 31, 2009.
2. “GPRA,” by Strategisy, LLC, http://www.john-mercer.com/gpra.htm, accessed August 3, 2009.
3. GPRA, Section (b).
4. The backlog exceeded a million cases if you count pending ratings, nonrating work, appeals, etc.
5. The federal government defines an adverse action as a removal, suspension of more than fourteen days, or a change to lower grade. A disciplinary action would refer to a suspension of fourteen days or less or a less punitive action such as an admonishment or reprimand.
6. See “Defense Base Closure and Realignment Commission, Final Report to the President,” ...