A premium training course to teach you all about Vue 3, especially designed for beginners to help build various user interfaces.
About This Video
- 4 projects—personal portfolio/blog project, countdown app, dashboard app, and creative cards app
- Source code at each stage to get you going without any hassle
- Beginner-friendly course
Personal portfolio/blog project:
This project strips away the complexities/build tools and focuses purely on Vue.js.
Taking a simple HTML file, we add the Vue library to not only learn the core features but also to see how easily we can add it to an existing website.
Once you have a solid grounding, it is time for project 2. This is an event countdown app that introduces you to a more sophisticated setup using the Vue CLI.
While building the project, you will learn so much more, including watchers, computed properties, forms, conditional rendering, and teleport, to name a few.
Project 3 is a dashboard application with multiple pages, making use of dynamic components.
We will discover different ways of passing data in Vue.js, including provide/inject and the different types of slots available.
Creative cards app:
The last project is a card editing application. You will begin with a library of greeting cards the user can select, and then once chosen, an edit screen will allow the user to edit the text, images, and overall styling as well.
This project will introduce the new Vue 3 Composition API, how to organize your code into reusable files, routing, lazy loading, cloud functions, image uploading, and using a database.
By the end of this course, you will have already built 4 projects and learned all of the essential Vue skills, along with the new Vue.js 3 features and syntax.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting to Know Vue
- Chapter 2 : First Look at Vue.js
- Chapter 3 : Component Basics
- Chapter 4 : Build Tools and Single-Page Applications
- Chapter 5 : Countdown Project
- Chapter 6 : Forms, Events, and Modifiers
- Chapter 7 : Validation and a Deeper Look at Props
- Chapter 8 : Slots and Dynamic Components
- Chapter 9 : Provide/Inject
- Chapter 10 : Introduction to Routing
Chapter 11 : Composition API
- Section Introduction
- What is the Composition API
- Composition Setup
- Primitive Versus Reference Types
- Quick Introduction to Proxies
- Using Reactive and isReactive
- Adding Reactivity with Ref
- Destructuring and toRefs
- Standalone Composition Functions
- Mini Challenge-Moving Over the Cards by Category
- Moving Over the Cards by Category
- Accessing the Router
- Watch and WatchEffect
- Using Alongside the Options API
Chapter 12 : Pushing On with Our Project
- Section Introduction
- Linking to Selected Card and Category Styling
- The Create View
- Retrieving the Selected Card
- Selecting the Current Page
- Switching Card Pages
- The Card Preview Component
- Text Output Component
- Card Edit Component
- Text Input Component and Hover Menu
- Adding Menu Options
- Menu Options Continued
- Menu Styling
- Updating the Card
- Adding New Sections
- Removing Sections
- Rearranging the Order of Sections
- Changing the Section Height
- Additional Styling
- Provide and Inject with Composition
- Chapter 13 : Navigation Guards and Lazy Loading
- Chapter 14 : Uploading Images
- Chapter 15 : Deployment
- Title: In-Depth Vue 3 For Beginners (Inc. Composition API, Router)
- Release date: June 2021
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781801079112
You might also like
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
Vue.js in Action
Vue.js in Action is your guide to building modern web apps. You’ll start by exploring the …