Companies are looking for a single SQL database engine that can address all their needs - from transactional, to operational, business intelligence, analytical workloads, and more - on a single platform without the latency of data transformation and replication. They are looking for the ultimate database nirvana. But is it even possible?
In this course, which is targeted at advanced level database professionals, big data expert Rohit Jain explores the concept that comes closest to meeting the test: Hybrid transactional/analytical processing or HTAP.
- Explore the four key challenges of delivering HTAP with a single query engine
- Hear an analysis of the SQL to NoSQL to SQL swinging database pendulum
- See how a single query engine can support multiple HTAP workloads
- Master the differing responsibilities of a query engine versus a storage engine
- Learn how a single query engine can support multiple storage engines serving different needs
- Discover how a single query engine can support all data models - normalized, big table, etc.
- Understand how to best evaluate enterprise level HTAP technologies
Table of Contents
In Search Of Database Nirvana
- The Swinging Database Pendulum 00:18:28
- Hybrid Transaction/Analytical Processing Workloads 00:32:32
- Query Versus Storage Engines 00:23:12
- The Challenges Of HTAP 00:10:44
- Title: In Search of Database Nirvana
- Release date: August 2016
- Publisher(s): Infinite Skills
- ISBN: 9781491969403