Questions for Review
Framework for Studying the Politics, Government and Constitution of India
- What is the scope of political science?
- Briefly describe the Marxian theory of the State.
- Distinguish between the legal-institutional approach and the structural-functional approach.
- What is a constitution?
- Distinguish between society and the State.
- Describe the principle of separation of powers.
- Pranab Bardhan has argued that the political economy of the Indian State is characterized by the presence of ‘dominant proprietary classes’. Discuss.
Indian Nationalism and Its Practitioners
- Indian nationalism is a product of the British Rule in India.—Evaluate this statement.
- How did revolts during the nineteenth century contribute to the national awakening? ...
Get Indian Government and Politics now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.