Questions for Review
Framework for Studying the Politics, Government and Constitution of India
- What is the scope of political science?
- Briefly describe the Marxian theory of the State.
- Distinguish between the legal-institutional approach and the structural-functional approach.
- What is a constitution?
- Distinguish between society and the State.
- Describe the principle of separation of powers.
- Pranab Bardhan has argued that the political economy of the Indian State is characterized by the presence of ‘dominant proprietary classes’. Discuss.
Indian Nationalism and Its Practitioners
- Indian nationalism is a product of the British Rule in India.—Evaluate this statement.
- How did revolts during the nineteenth century contribute to the national awakening? ...