1. IGNOU, Ideology, Social Bases and Programmes of National Movement, Available at: http://www.egyankosh.ac.in/bitstream/123456789/26377/1/Unit-6.pdf download on 10th September 2010.
2. Gandhi himself denied that there was anything as ‘Gandhism’. But there were set of ideas in him which were original and which had exercised enormous influence on different people in the same way as other ideologies had exercised. His writings were diffuse and repetitive but, despite this, had a coherent vision of man and society.
3. Bipan Chandra, India's struggle for Independence (New Delhi: Penguin, 1988), p. 519.
4. Ibid., p. 582.
5. Bipan Chandra, India's struggle for Independence (New Delhi: Penguin, 1988), p. 582.
6. A. R. Desai, Social Background ...