We've already covered how the WebSockets along with STOMP can be used to send data to and from the Edge to the Cloud. In this section, we will cover how to build a WebSocket server using Spring Boot:
- Before you run the server-side code you will need to install postgresql.
- Start postgresql using the following command line:
./pgc startpg96 starting on port 5432
- The code for this application is in iiot-sample-alert-server.
- This application uses Maven, you will need to have maven installed on your machine.
- Step 1 is to add the Spring Boot WebSocket support and mvn dependency to the pom.xml under iiot-sample-alert-server as follows:
<dependency> <groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId> <artifactId