Trade Union Movement in India: 1950 Onwards
This chapter will enable students to explain:
- The new political framework of the country under the Indian Constitution adopted in 1950, the requirements of planned economy and the broad implications of economic and industrial policies thence adopted
- The general growth of trade unions and their membership from 1950 onwards
- The formation of the central federations prior to 1950 and their subsequent growth in membership and political affiliations
- The extent and severity of industrial disputes in this period
- The impact of economic and industrial policies of the government on trade unionism in the country
- The nature of cooperation extended to the government by trade unions in ...