Indian Trade Unions, Political Parties and Problems of Leadership
This chapter will enable students to:
- Understand the circumstances leading to the establishment of a close and intimate relationship between the trade unions and political parties in India
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of the dominance of political parties over trade union in the country
- Distinguish between an ‘outsider’ and an ‘insider’ in Indian trade unions and understand the nature of leadership of each
- Explain the adverse consequences of outside leadership on Indian trade unions
- Describe the factors responsible for the persistence of outside leadership in Indian trade union movement
- Understand the implications of recommendations of the ...