Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Legislation and Problem of Discipline in Industry
This chapter will enable students to:
- Explain the importance of standing orders in Indian industry and the need for giving them a statutory force
- Describe the provisions of the Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946, relating to the drafting, certification and modification of standing orders
- Describe the matters to be covered under standing orders
- Understand the deficiencies experienced in the course of working of the Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946
- Understand the meaning and importance of industrial discipline and principles for its maintenance
- Describe the major Acts or omissions constituting misconduct ...