2 Focus on Production Planning Systems (PPS)
This chapter focuses on Production Planning Systems (PPS), which represent the core application for manufacturing companies. After this chapter, you should be able to …
- – … sketch the basic functions of a PPS system and the MRP II concept.
- – … describe the three main master data needed for production planning.
- – … explode a BoM.
- – … schedule the start of production steps.
- – … explain the necessity of capacity leveling.
- – … know the functions of a production order.
- – … tell the difference and the relationship between PPS-systems and sub-ERP systems like MES and below.
2.1 PPS at the Core of Industrial Manufacturing
2.1.1 Manufacturing Process and Materials Management
Manufacturing is a core-process ...