3 Integration of Information Systems: Forms, Methods and Concepts
There are information systems and applications for almost every department on every level. These applications need to work together to support company processes. This chapter gives an overview of how this is achieved and what forms, methods and concepts of integration enable the cooperation of applications. After this chapter, you should be able to …
- – … distinguish objects, directions and range of integration with real-life examples.
- – … evaluate the optimal level of integration according to its advantages and disadvantages.
- – … describe the business needs for Product Data Management.
- – … sketch the basic structure and processes of a Data Warehouse.
- – … execute a simple OLAP ...