CHANGE YOUR COMPANY. CHANGE THE LIVES OF OTHERS. CHANGE THE WORLD.
An INFLUENCER leads change.
An INFLUENCER replaces bad behaviors with powerful new skills.
An INFLUENCER makes things happen.
This is what it takes to be an INFLUENCER.
Whether you're a CEO, a parent, or merely a person who wants to make a difference, you probably wish you had more influence with the people in your life. But most of us stop trying to make change happen because we believe it is too difficult, if not impossible. We learn to cope rather than learning to influence.
From the bestselling authors who taught the world how to have Crucial Conversations comes the new edition of Influencer, a thought-provoking book that combines the remarkable insights of behavioral scientists and business leaders with the astonishing stories of high-powered influencers from all walks of life. You'll be taught each and every step of the influence process--including robust strategies for making change inevitable in your personal life, your business, and your world. You'll learn how to:
- Identify high-leverage behaviors that lead to rapid and profound change
- Apply strategies for changing both thoughts and actions
- Marshal six sources of influence to make change inevitable
Influencer takes you on a fascinating journey from San Francisco to Thailand to South Africa, where you'll see how seemingly "insignificant" people are making incredibly significant improvements in solving problems others would think impossible. You'll learn how savvy folks make change not only achievable and sustainable, but inevitable. You'll discover breakthrough ways of changing the key behaviors that lead to greater safety, productivity, quality, and customer service.
No matter who you are or what you do, you'll never learn a more valuable or important set of principles and skills. Once you tap into the power of influence, you can reach out and help others work smarter, grow faster, live, look, and feel better--and even save lives. The sky is the limit . . . for an Influencer.
PRAISE FOR INFLUENCER:
"AN INSTANT CLASSIC! Whether you're leading change or changing your life, this book delivers." -- Stephen R. Covey, author of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
"Ideas can change the world—but only when coupled with influence--the ability to change hearts, minds, and behavior. This book provides a practical approach to lead change and empower us all to make a difference." -- Muhammad Yunus, Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"Influencing human behavior is one of the most difficult challenges faced by leaders. This book provides powerful insight into how to make behavior change that will last." -- Sidney Taurel, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Eli Lilly and Company
"If you are truly motivated to make productive changes in your life, don't put down this book until you reach the last page. Whether dealing with a recalcitrant teen, doggedly resistant coworkers, or a personal frustration that 'no one ever wants to hear my view,' Influencer can help guide you in making the changes that put you in the driver's seat." -- Deborah Norville, anchor of Inside Edition and bestselling author
Table of Contents
- Acknowledgments 00:00:35
- Part 1: The New Science of Leading Change; Chapter 1: Leadership Is Influence 00:15:22
- Chapter 2: The Three Keys to Influence 00:38:30
- Chapter 3: Find Vital Behaviors 00:51:24
- Part 2: Engage Six Sources 00:13:11
- Chapter 4: Help Them Love What They Hate: Personal Motivation 1:00:16
- Chapter 5: Help Them Do What They Can't: Personal Ability 00:51:27
- Chapter 6: Provide Encouragement: Social Motivation 1:09:13
- Chapter 7: Provide Assistance: Social Ability 00:52:21
- Chapter 8: Change Their Economy: Structural Motivation 00:49:48
- Chapter 9: Change Their Space: Structural Ability 1:06:19
- Chapter 10: Become an Influencer 00:21:27
- Works Cited 00:00:37
- Title: Influencer: The New Science of Leading Change, Second Edition (Audio Book)
- Release date: April 2013
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071837231