The influential are no longer only those with celebrity status – but until now there has been no authoritative resource on the theory and practice of influencer marketing. This book will educate and inspire decision makers, researchers, students, and influencers themselves.
Diving deeper than the many "how-to" books on the influencer phenomenon, this book brings in frameworks from marketing, sociology, psychology, and communication studies to redefine the influencer as a persona (related to a person, group of people, or organization) that possesses greater than average sway over others. Cornwell and Katz go on to:
- introduce the influencers, macro and nano, authentic and inauthentic, ascending and fading;
- consider their relationship to brands in the marketing ecosystem, along with regulations that set limits on influencer marketing;
- describe how influence is measured and evaluated and look into the future; and
- bring together the latest research on influencer marketing and organize it for the reader.
The book serves both those who want to understand the science behind influencer marketing and those who want to most effectively employ influencers in brand strategy. Instructors, students, and professionals will appreciate international examples from multiple industries applying theories to the real world.
Table of contents
- Half Title
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- About the Authors
- 1 Introduction to Influencers
- 2 Influencers in the Marketing Ecosystem
- 3 Endorsers and Influencers Clarifying the Boundaries
- 4 Who Are the Influencers?
- 5 How Influencers Are Regulated
- 6 Barriers and Challenges to Consider
- 7 How Influence Is Measured and Evaluated
- 8 The Future for Influencers
- Title: Influencer
- Release date: December 2020
- Publisher(s): Routledge
- ISBN: 9781000317862
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Fundamentals of Software Architecture
Salary surveys worldwide regularly place software architect in the top 10 best jobs, yet no real …