The influential are no longer only those with celebrity status – but until now there has been no authoritative resource on the theory and practice of influencer marketing. This book will educate and inspire decision makers, researchers, students, and influencers themselves.
Diving deeper than the many "how-to" books on the influencer phenomenon, this book brings in frameworks from marketing, sociology, psychology, and communication studies to redefine the influencer as a persona (related to a person, group of people, or organization) that possesses greater than average sway over others. Cornwell and Katz go on to:
- introduce the influencers, macro and nano, authentic and inauthentic, ascending and fading;
- consider their relationship to brands in the marketing ecosystem, along with regulations that set limits on influencer marketing;
- describe how influence is measured and evaluated and look into the future; and
- bring together the latest research on influencer marketing and organize it for the reader.
The book serves both those who want to understand the science behind influencer marketing and those who want to most effectively employ influencers in brand strategy. Instructors, students, and professionals will appreciate international examples from multiple industries applying theories to the real world.
Table of contents
- Half Title
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- About the Authors
- 1 Introduction to Influencers
- 2 Influencers in the Marketing Ecosystem
- 3 Endorsers and Influencers Clarifying the Boundaries
- 4 Who Are the Influencers?
- 5 How Influencers Are Regulated
- 6 Barriers and Challenges to Consider
- 7 How Influence Is Measured and Evaluated
- 8 The Future for Influencers
- Title: Influencer
- Release date: December 2020
- Publisher(s): Routledge
- ISBN: 9781000317862
You might also like
Strategic Brand Management and Development
Bringing together theories and concepts from brand management, consumer culture theory, marketing, communications, and design, this …
A Book About Blockchain
This book describes methods to transform existing business by using digitized trust that is industrialized at …
Follow the Feeling
Elevate your brand, rise above the crowd, and build tribe In Follow the Feeling, strategy advisor …
The Brand Gap
THE BRAND GAP is the first book to present a unified theory of brand-building. Whereas most …