This is a sample policy. This password policy is based on one from NASA (www.nccs.nasa.gov/policies/passwd.html).
To remain in compliance with our information assurance policies, passwords on all computing systems must conform to the following standard:
• A password is set to expire every 60 days. You are required, therefore, to change your password at least once every 60 days. (The 60-day period begins each time you change a password.)
• A password must be at least 12 characters in length.
• A password must contain the following:
• Lowercase characters (a, b, c, and so on)
• Uppercase characters (A, B, C, and so on)
• Numerical ...