In the digital world, the need to protect communications increases every day. While traditional digital encryption methods are useful, there are many other options for hiding your information. Information Hiding in Speech Signals for Secure Communication provides a number of methods to hide secret speech information using a variety of digital speech coding standards. Professor Zhijun Wu has conducted years of research in the field of speech information hiding, and brings his state-of-the-art techniques to readers of this book, including a mathematical model for information hiding, the core concepts of secure speech communication, the ABS-based information hiding algorithm, and much more.
This book shows how to implement a secure speech communication system, including applications to various network security states. Readers will find information hiding algorithms and techniques (embedding and extracting) that are capable of withstanding the advanced forms of attack. The book presents concepts and applications for all of the most widely used speech coding standards, including G.711, G.721, G.728, G.729 and GSM, along with corresponding hiding and extraction algorithms. Readers will also learn how to use a speech covert communication system over an IP network as well as a speech secure communication system applied in PSTN.
- Presents information hiding theory and the mathematical model used for information hiding in speech.
- Provides a number of methods to hide secret speech information using the most common digital speech coding standards.
- A combination of practice and theory enables programmers and system designers not only to implement tried and true encryption procedures, but also to consider probable future developments in their designs.
Table of contents
- Title page
- Table of Contents
- Copyright Page
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: The Information Hiding Model for Speech Secure Communication
- Chapter 3: The ABS Speech Information Hiding Algorithm Based on Filter Similarity
- Chapter 4: The G.721-Based Speech Information Hiding Approach
- Chapter 5: The G.728-Based Speech Information Hiding Approach
- Chapter 6: The G.729-Based Speech Information Hiding Approach
- Chapter 7: The GSM (RPE-LTP)-Based Speech Information Hiding Approach
- Chapter 8: Covert Communication Based on the VoIP System
- Chapter 9: Design of Real-Time Speech Secure Communication over PSTN
- Title: Information Hiding in Speech Signals for Secure Communication
- Release date: August 2014
- Publisher(s): Syngress
- ISBN: 9780128014813
You might also like
Streaming Data: Understanding the real-time pipeline
Summary Streaming Data introduces the concepts and requirements of streaming and real-time data systems. The book …
Linux Basics for Hackers
If you’re getting started along the exciting path of hacking, cybersecurity, and pentesting, Linux Basics for …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …