EATMS modernization pilot project
To begin the EATMS modernization process, Thales undertook a pilot project with TSRI in early 2005 to investigate the feasibility of automated language transformation and assess the quality and performance of the generated code. Key objectives of the pilot project were to
- Assure functional equivalence between the produced Java/C++ code and the original Ada legacy code
- Assure that the generated code complied with coding safety rules and established coding standards
- Assure that the documentation produced by the tools allowed detailed comparison between the source and target code
- Assess whether Java or C++ could meet EATMS performance objectives
- Define refactoring strategies for code transformation and optimization ...