Sponsored by Aqua and Palo Alto Networks
Security can’t be added in at the end. We need to build it into everything we do (“pull left”). So how can developers get involved in building safer, more secure software? And what new skills do you need to learn to do so?
About the Infrastructure & Ops Superstream Series: This five-part series of half-day online events details what you need to know to effectively manage existing legacy systems while migrating to modern, scalable, cost-effective infrastructures—with no interruption to your business. Each event day covers some of the most challenging and promising topics facing those working in infrastructure and operations today: continuous integration and delivery, cloud delivery, Kubernetes, microservices, and security.
What you’ll learn and how you can apply it
- Discover which tools work best for responding to threats
- Understand how to develop a cybersecurity strategy
- Learn how to recover from an attack on Kubernetes
This recording of a live event is for you because…
- You need to protect your systems from attacks by ransomware and emerging threats.
- You want to better understand the emerging threats landscape and what you can do to minimize and respond to attacks.
- You work with distributed systems and want to learn how to secure containers and Kubernetes.
- Read “Security, Permissions, and Privacy” (chapter 9 in Learning Serverless)
- Read Kubernetes Security and Observability (early release book)
- Read Hacking Kubernetes (early release book)
- Read “Security and Backups” (chapter 11 in Cloud Native DevOps with Kubernetes)
- Read Building Microservices, second edition (book)
- Read Learning DevSecOps (early release book)
- Take Kubernetes Fundamentals in 3 Weeks (live online training course with Jon Johnson)
Table of contents
- Welcome and Rory McCune: Keynote—Maintaining the Software Timeline with Supply Chain Security (Sponsored by Aqua Security)
- Taylor Smith: Keynote—Deep Dive into Secure Container Development Pipelines (Sponsored by Palo Alto Networks)
- Ping Look: Meet the Expert
- Chris Cochran: Threat Intelligence the “EASY” Way
- Liran Tal: Proactive Controls for Supply Chain Security
- Jed Salazar and Natália Réka Ivánkó: Uncovering a Sophisticated Kubernetes Attack in Real Time
- Title: Infrastructure & Ops Superstream Series: Building Security Into Your Development Lifecycle
- Release date: September 2021
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 0636920625353
You might also like
Infrastructure and Ops Hour with Sam Newman: Cloud Native and Open Source Security with Guy Podjarny
Join us for a special conversation with Sam Newman and guest Guy Podjarny, where they will …
Infrastructure & Ops Superstream Series: Creating Your Kubernetes Platform
The path to implementing Kubernetes to build and deploy applications isn’t always evident. After all, different …
Infrastructure & Ops Superstream Series: Microservices & DevOps
The main reason to pick a microservice architecture is the ability to change things independently. It …
Infrastructure and Ops Hour with Sam Newman: Distributed Systems with Nicky Wrightson
Join us for a special conversation on distributed systems with Sam Newman and cloud native architecture …