Time for action — using the dropper tool
Open an Inkscape file with objects on the canvas or create a quick object to try this out:
- Select an object on the canvas.
- Select the dropper tool from the toolbar or use the shortcut key F7.
- Then click anywhere in the drawing with that tool that has the color you want to choose. The chosen color will be assigned to the selected object's fill. Alternatively, use Shift + click to set the stroke color.
- Be aware of the tool control bar and the dropper tool controls, shown as follows:
- The two buttons affect the opacity of the object, especially if it is different than the 100% setting.
- If Pick is disabled, then the ...