Time for action — clipping objects
Let's build out our triangle object and create a tree that has a pattern of leaves in it:
- Open your triangle Inkscape file.
- Use the Bezier tool and create a rectangular shape below your triangle, as shown in the following diagram:
- Remember if you don't get the lines exactly right the first time, select the Edit Paths by Nodes tool and adjust by dragging the nodes to the appropriate locations.
- Draw another rectangular object below the previous one, as shown in the following diagram:
- And draw the final rectangle below ...