Time for action — using Potrace
We will start by importing another photograph bitmap image and then using Potrace:
- Open up the bitmap image you want to trace in Inkscape. You can drag-and-drop an image onto the Inkscape window to import it.
- Make sure the image is selected and then from the main menu, choose Path and then Trace Bitmap. The Trace Bitmap dialog box appears.
- The Mode tab defines characteristics of the tracing mode as follows:
For this picture, we will set the following:
- Single scan
- Brightness cutoff: Threshold 0.450
- Click the Options tab to ...