Mechanisms for Market Entry and Dominance
Key Topics Covered in This Chapter
- Gaining a beachhead in occupied terrain
- Using innovation to overcome barriers to entry
- Gaining market entry through product differentiation
- Creating and then dominating a new market
- Enlisting the power of product/service platform
CHAPTER 6 IDENTIFIED the most common strategy types: low-cost leadership, product/service differentiation, customer relationship, and the network effect. It also pointed out instances in which innovation has helped companies apply them successfully.
There’s much more to strategy than deciding which version or variant of these strategies is best for your company. This chapter continues the discussion, indicating how strategy ...