Book DescriptionElevate your leadership to achieve the extraordinary
Inspired Leadership is the essential guide to performing at the highest level every day. As CEO of Porsche, author Kevin Gaskell led the company from near-bankruptcy to the most profitable car company. During his four years at BMW, the company saw 80% growth in sales and 500% increase in profitability. Good leaders get results and great leaders get great results—but Inspired Leaders get extraordinary results, turn around companies, ensure people development and turn brands into household names. This book shows you how to become an Inspired Leader. Workable strategies, practical frameworks, and real-world essential skills give you a concrete curriculum for success, while anecdotes and examples drawn from the author's experiences illustrate important concepts in action.
Inspirational, aspirational, and deeply instructional, this guide will become your go-to resource for navigating the leader's role. From tricky situations to everyday interactions, you'll learn the skills and outlook you need to take your leadership to the next level.
- Learn what Inspired Leadership looks like in terms of results
- Discover the key factors that separate Inspired leaders from the merely "great"
- Adopt the tools and processes that get extraordinary results in the real world
- Understand the essential core of high performance, and incorporate it into your day-to-day
Quality leadership is the difference between success and failure, but Inspired Leadership is the difference between success and world-class performance. It requires 360-degree attention, laser focus, authentic relationships, and a rock-solid understanding of the leader's role. When you're ready to achieve the extraordinary, Inspired Leadership is the resource to keep within arm's reach.
Table of Contents
- Series Page
- Title Page
- About the Author
Part One: Commit
- Chapter 1: Dare to Dream
- Chapter 2: Build Belief
- Chapter 3: How Good Do You Want to Be?
Chapter 4: Make the Impossible Possible
- Walking to the North Pole
- Planning: If You're not an Expert, Find One
- Preparation: Everyone Needs to Understand the Process
- Support: You Can't do it on Your Own
- Discipline: We Take Care of Each Other
- Teamwork: Working Together is an Extraordinary Experience
- Transcend Your Self-Imposed Limitations
- Chapter 5: Confront the F Word
Part Two: Connect
- Chapter 6: Begin at the End
- Chapter 7: A Simple Plan
- Chapter 8: Don't Be a Genius, Make a Genius
- Chapter 9: Be Better First, Then Bigger
- Chapter 10: In Command, Out of Control
Part Three: Create
- Chapter 11: Are We Having Fun Yet?
- Chapter 12: No One Is an “Only a . . .”
- Chapter 13: Catch In, Don't Catch Out
- Chapter 14: Sustaining Success
- Afterword: Wait Until the Sun Comes Up
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Inspired Leadership
- Release date: September 2017
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119383024