Learn to create JSON data from Java objects and implement them in an application with the GSON library
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Convert JAVA Objects to JSON representation and vice versa
- Learn about the Field Exclusion strategy
- Write your own JSON converter
GSON is a specialized Java-based library for handling JSON data, developed by Google. GSON demonstrates an efficient use of CPU time, memory efficiency, the library, and developer productivity. This book will help you implement GSON in your Java project.
Instant GSON is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with all the implementation features of the GSON API through coded examples, which will help you take advantage of the real power that is behind the GSON API, and give you a good grounding to use it in your projects.
Instant GSON starts with an introduction to the JSON data format and GSON library. It will take you through the configuration steps required to set up a GSON-based Java project. You will learn about the top features of the GSON library, which includes handling generic type and nested class objects in Java, implementing versioning support, exclusion strategies, and pretty printing. At the end of the book you will find some useful references to articles, blogs, and active communities.
Table of Contents
- Instant GSON
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
- So, what is GSON?
- Configuring GSON in Eclipse
- Quick start – creating your first JSON in GSON
Top 12 features you need to know about
- Java objects support
- Serialization and deserialization
- Pretty printing
- Nested classes
- Generic type
- Null object support
- Versioning support
- No argument constructor support
- Field naming support
- Field exclusion strategies
- Applications of GSON
- People and places you should get to know
- Title: Instant GSON
- Release date: August 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781783282036