Enhance and add functionality with interactivity to your HTML tables with jQuery
Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
Use simple jQuery functions to enhance your HTML tables
Demonstrate client side functionality and add AJAX for server side integration
Modify your tables without editing your HTML
Instant jQuery 2.0 Table Manipulation How-to shows you how to quickly and easily add style and functionality to your HTML tables. You'll be amazed to see how easy it is. Just don't let your customers know!
HTML tables can be boring. Sure, we can make them more stylish with CSS, but users want interactivity. They want to be able to sort columns, see totals, filter data, and page through information in easily digestible chunks.
Starting off with a plain HTML table, and an ID and a few class attributes, you will see the transformations occur with just a few lines of jQuery. Instant jQuery 2.0 Table Manipulation How-to progresses to showing you how to highlight specific table cells and filter table data, and even sort columns or page through data.
What you will learn
- Mark up your code to use jQuery selectors effectively
- Build interactivity into your pages without reloading the page or calling back to the server
- Take advantage of powerful AJAX techniques that allow you to communicate with the server without refreshing the page
- Use simple jQuery functions to enhance your HTML tables
Table of Contents
Instant jQuery 2.0 Table Manipulation How-to
- Instant jQuery 2.0 Table Manipulation How-to
- About the Author
- About the Reviewer
1. Instant jQuery 2.0 Table Manipulation How-to
- Table row striping (Must know)
- Sum columns (Must know)
- Show/hide rows (Must know)
- Highlighting cells (Must know)
- Pagination – client side (Should know)
- Pagination – server side (Should know)
- Column sorting – client side (Should know)
- Column sorting – server side (Should know)
- Filtering (Become an expert)
- Plugins (Should know)
- Title: Instant jQuery 2.0 Table Manipulation How-to
- Release date: March 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781782164685