Create your own node modules and publish them on npm registry, automating repetitive tasks in between
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Create and distribute node modules
- Learn how to publish executables
- Automate the installation of dependencies
Node.js is the new buzz in town and has a vibrant community.It ships with npm, which is a tool that helps automate various development, deployment, and installation of node modules, and makes the process much easier.
Instant NPM is a practical guide to authoring and distributing node modules, and also for creating and managing private, standalone node.js projects.
Starting with getting node.js installed and running on a variety of platforms, we then proceed to learn about code modularization and achieving it in node.js. Picking up a practical example, we will then explore the whole process and life cycle of conceiving, writing, and publishing a node module. We will also learn how to exploit a toolsincluded with npm to automate various development and deployment steps.
Later on, we will discover the power of npm and how its different features and configurations can save large amounts of time by providing a helping hand for automating repetitive tasks between writing and publishing your modules.
Table of contents
Instant Node Package Manager
- Instant Node Package Manager
- About the Author
- About the Reviewer
1. Instant Node Package Manager
- So, what is Node Package Manager?
- Step 1 – what do I need?
Step 2 – downloading node.js
- Windows or Mac
- Linux and other Unices
- Installing via nvm and nave (recommended)
- Building and installing from source
- And that's it!
Quick start – creating your first npm module
- simplemath library
- Top 10 features you need to know about
- People and places you should get to know
- Title: Instant Node Package Module
- Release date: September 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781783283330
You might also like
Mastering Node.js - Second Edition
Expert techniques for building fast servers and scalable, real-time network applications with minimal effort; rewritten for …
Node.js Web Development - Fourth Edition
Create real-time applications using Node.js 10, Docker, MySQL, MongoDB, and Socket.IO with this practical guide and …
Learn Python Programming
Learn the fundamentals of Python (3.7) and how to apply it to data science, programming, and …
Continuous Delivery with Docker and Jenkins
Unleash the combination of Docker and Jenkins in order to enhance the DevOps workflow About This …