A step-by-step guide to backing up and restoring your database using safe, efficient, and proven recipes
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Back up and restore PostgreSQL databases
- Use built-in tools to create simple backups
- Restore the easy way with internal commands
- Cut backup and restore time with advanced techniques
Backing up a database is something that all system admins must eventually face. Larger warehouses and critical enterprise data requires advanced techniques and tools to handle this complex data. PostgreSQL provides you with the basic tools for accomplishing this complex task.
"Instant PostgreSQL Backup and Restore How-to" is a practical series of proven recipes showing you how to preserve critical business data, and also teach you some advanced methods for restoring this data. It is a perfect manual for managing your critical PostgreSQL data.
Instant PostgreSQL Backup and Restore How-to is your practical guide to the unique features that PostgreSQL offers to create quick backups and efficient restores.
Starting by backing up a simplistic database and learning how-to restore it to working order, we then move on to more complex backup techniques including creating and restoring binary backups.
Covering advanced topics such as Warm and Hot standby restore and Streaming replication, Instant PostgreSQL Backup and Restore How-to gives you the power to make complete backups to guarantee you will always be able to restore your database to full working order!
Table of contents
Instant PostgreSQL Backup and Restore How-to
- Instant PostgreSQL Backup and Restore How-to
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
1. Instant PostgreSQL Backup and Restore How-to
- Getting a basic export (Simple)
- Partial database exports (Simple)
- Restoring a database export (Simple)
- Obtaining a binary backup (Simple)
- Stepping into TAR backups (Intermediate)
- Taking snapshots (Advanced)
- Synchronizing backup servers (Intermediate)
- Restoring a binary backup (Simple)
- Point in time recovery (Intermediate)
- Warm and hot standby restore (Intermediate)
- Streaming replication (Advanced)
- Title: Instant PostgreSQL Backup and Restore How-to
- Release date: March 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781782169109
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
PostgreSQL for Data Architects
Discover how to design, develop, and maintain your database application effectively with PostgreSQL In Detail PostgreSQL …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
PostgreSQL: Up and Running, 3rd Edition
Thinking of migrating to PostgreSQL? This clear, fast-paced introduction helps you understand and use this open …