by Glenda Sims
I keep six honest serving-men(They taught me all I knew);Their names are What and Why and WhenAnd How and Where and Who.
The most critical step in the website planning process is defining the project. You haven’t completely defined a project until you have discovered the answers to the five Ws and one H: Where, When, Why, Who, What, and How.
• Where will the site live? (URL)
• When does the site need to be available? (timeline)
• Why is the website needed? (business goals)
• Who is the primary audience for the site? (audience)
• What information/functionality needs to be available on the site? (content/technology)
• How will the site be discovered and kept up to date? (marketing and maintenance) ...