2. Interactive Project Management 101: A new job for a unique industry
We’re all familiar with the term project management and can probably give a rough definition of the discipline. But what it looks like in action—and what it should be in the interactive industry—is not well understood. Yet.
In this chapter, we’ll discuss
• How we define interactive project management
• Required skills for managing real-world interactive projects
• Critical tasks that drive action
• The qualities of a good project manager
On interactive projects the project manager is the epicenter of activity. She is the all-knowing, all-seeing eye. She anticipates the needs of the team members and solves their problems before they can blink. She is a stealthy ninja, ready ...